The Wall Street
Successful investors invest in a stock market, considering long term horizon. Keeping these things in mind, game has been developed, where students are required to pick up the stocks out of given set of data. These sets of data include fundamental details of companies listed as BSE-30. There will be two rounds for this game. In first round, written test will be taken & shortlisted candidates would be part of second round of buying and selling of securities
No. of Participants : Individual Participation
Max. No. of Participation: 30
Process & Round Description :
There are two rounds in the whole event.
Round 1 (Elimination round)
- A written test will be conducted of 30 minutes. (25 Questions) .
- Questions will be related to
- No cell phones & electronic gadgets will be permitted to use
- If there is tie between two candidates, then extra questions will be asked, based on the performance of that, one will be selected.
- Result will be announced after 15 minutes from the written test. (+ 4) will be awarded for every right answer and (- 2) will be for wrong answer
- Top 8 candidates based on the written test score will go to the Second round
Stock Market and various financial instruments
Round 2(Designing the Portfolio )
- Total 08 participants will enter in this round
- Each participant will be given 2 hours to analyze & buy shares, prepare his/her portfolio and sell shares. Information regarding buying and selling has to be given to committee members
- Ready data sets in MS-Excel would be provided, describing fundamental information about the selected companies, traded in Bombay Stock Exchange. These datasets will be provided as soft copy and hard copy.
- Each student will be given notional money of Rs. 10,00,000. This money can be invested in maximum of 10 stocks
- These datasets are historical datasets, based on which, students have to apply skills of stock selection and portfolio construction.
- The winner, runner-up and second runner-up will be decided, based on the returns of the selected portfolio of securities. Parameters, considered for calculating returns, would be market based
- Organizers have right to disqualify any student(s), if he/she violates rules of the game
- Individual participants games so no group work will be allowed
- There will be two rounds for this game. In first round, written test will be taken & shortlisted candidates would be part of second round of buying and selling of securities.
- No cell phones & electronic gadgets will be permitted to use.
- Winner will be selected in the Round 2 based on the performance of the candidate, the performance will be judged based on the return earned on the portfolio by an individual The Top performer in terms of highest return on the portfolio will be considered as a winner and the immediate highest return to that will be considered as a runners up.
All regular students with a valid identity card of their respective educational institutes are eligible to participate in the event.