Life of Pile
- Civil Engineering
- February 16, 2018
- Soil Lab
“ Pile up to the test, make it better than the rest ”
- Round 1: 12:00 - 02:30 , February 16
- Round 2: 03:00 - 04:00 , February 17
Round 1 : Compression Test
- Pile will be inserted at certain level. After applying dead load, settlement will be measured with help of dial gauge.
Round 2 : Pull out Test
- Pull out test will be carried out with help of pulley. Displacement will be measured with dial gauge.
- All the required accessories have to be brought by the participants.
- Pop sticks (maximum length 120mm , width 12 mm and thickness 2mm ) & Fevicol SH White adhesive should only be used to build the structure. The Popsicle sticks can be cut or trimmed to any shape and size.
- Adhesive can only be used to joint pop sickle sticks together. Adhesive cannot be applied on the free surface of member.
- Any kind of Colouring or painting the structure and THREAD rolled around the model is NOT allowed.
- The Total weight of the MODEL should NOT be more than 850 grams.
- The team will be disqualified if found using any other material other than those mentioned in any part of structure.
- Violation of any of the rules will result in immediate disqualification.
- Pile cap must be trapezoidal and the dimensions are: Top Width - 18 cm + 0.1 cm. Bottom width - 35cm + 0.1cm.
- The thickness of pile cap must be 2 cm + 0.3 cm .and Pile Cap must be hollow from the center having square of 1.0 X 1.0.
- Pile must be hollow, Diameter of Pile for CIRCULAR Pile – 5 cm + 0.1 cm. Dimensions of Pile for SQUARE Pile – 5cm x 5cm.
- Depth of Pile – 30 cm + 0.1 cm. Thickness of Pile – 4 mm + 1 mm.
- Team should be consisting of maximum 4 players and minimum 2 players. Switching of team members during the on- going event will not be allowed. Use of any kind of help from Google is strictly prohibited. Once coordinators verify the model teams are not allowed to do any change in model.
- In one and two Round Applied dead load, settlement will be measured with help of dial gauge, with different soil condition.
- In Third Round pull out test will be carried out with help of pulley. And displacement will be measured with help of dial gauge.
Evaluation Criteria :
- It will be based on Penetration as well as displacement of Pile in the soil.
- For First round, Load will be applied gradually. Top 25% teams shall be taken to next round. Here Dry Sand will be use for testing.
- For Second round, pull load will be applied gradually. Here Wet Sand and Layer of wet C – Phi soil will be used for testing.
- Decision made by the event head will be final and acceptable in any cases.
Rules are subject to last minute change. Contact corresponding coordinator(s) for further inquiries. Final decision lies in hands of coordinators and judges. Participants have to abide the decision in all cases.