- Civil Engineering
- February 16, 2018
- Outside CT Lab
“ Designing with Blocks ”
- Round 1: 12:30 - 02:30 , February 16
- Round 2: 09:00 - 01:00 , February 17
Round 1 : (Qualifying Round)
- Participants will have chance to see the elevation of famous structures on the projector in a Room. They have to memorize it. Then, they will be taken to another Room where same wooden block will be provided to them. As soon as the timer starts participant will have to start arranging the blocks in such a way that they can form the perfect structure which they saw in projection room. Once the participant think that they are done with their task they can call the volunteer to note down the time and to check the continuity of shape.
Round 2 : (Final Round)
- 40×40cm2 area will be provided and 3 different types of wooden blocks mentioned above shall be given to each team. They have to construct any structure using such blocks in given time. The height to weight ratio with respect to cross sectional area shall be used for evaluation. More stable structure will get more points.
- Shape-structure could be of absolutely any shape satisfying all the constraints.
- Each Team should consist maximum 4 participants.Shape-structure could be of absolutely any shape satisfying all the constraints.
- Any team that is not ready at the time specified will be disqualified immediately
- The minimum height of the structure built must be of 50cm.
- To play second round the team must have to qualify the first round.
- Judges decision shall be final and binding on all.
Evaluation Criteria :
- Wind load will be applied on structure in round two to test the stability of the structure.
- The arrangement of shape should be perfect. Each well positioned shape will be awarded with marks and wrong placement of each part will cause negative markings.
- In case of tie in round 2, summation of round 1 and round 2 marks will be considered. Team with the higher summation will get better position.
- Shape structure could be of absolutely any shape satisfying the above constraints.
Rules are subject to last minute change. Contact corresponding coordinator(s) for further inquiries. Final decision lies in hands of coordinators and judges. Participants have to abide the decision in all cases.