Event Description :
- Engineers are supposed to build a structure and achieve maximum height of the structure by use of most innovative and thoughtful ideas with the help of provided material.
- Shape-Structure shape should be of absolutely in any shape satisfying all the constraints.
- Any team that is not ready at the time specified will be disqualified immediately.
- The minimum height of the structure must be of 50cm.
- To play second round the team must have to qualify the first round.
- Judges decision shall be final and binding on all.
- Wooden kit of different blocks.
- Foam Based Blocks
- Team should be consisting of maximum 4 and minimum 2 participants.
- Students from different institutes can form a team for the event.
- Student should carry the valid college identity cards of their respective institute at the time of reporting.
- Switching of team members during the on-going event will not be allowed.
- Switching of team members after registration of event will not be allowed.
- Being team member in multiple team in the same event is/are not allowed.
- Use of any kind of help from Google is strictly prohibited.
Round 1 (Qualifying Round):
- Participants will have chance to see the elevation of famous structures on the projector in a Room. They have to memorize it. Then, they will be taken to another Room where same wooden block will be provided to them. As soon as the timer starts participant will have to start arranging the blocks in such away that they can form the perfect structure which they saw. Once the participant think that they are done with their task they can call the volunteer to note down the time and to check the continuity of shape.
Round 2 (Winning Team):
- 40×40cm2 area will be provided and 3 different types of wooden blocks mentioned shall be given to each team. They have to construct any structure using such blocks in given time. The height to weight ratio with respect to cross sectional area shall be used for evaluation. You will be given a different foam based block have to insert in horizontal layers except top three layers, but maximum block can be used in each layer is one. All the foam based blocks will be removed for testing the stability of structure before wind test. You have to decide where to put that foam based block in layers so that removal of block do not lead to collapse of structure. You have to use all the foam based blocks given to you. If structure will be stable then & then only wind load will apply on remaining structure. Unstable structure will be eliminated from round - 2. More stable structure will get more points.
Evaluation Criteria :
- Random blocks will be removed from constructed structure.
- The height of building will be measured before and after removal of blocks.
- Timings will be counted in total structure designed. (20 mins).
- The arrangement of shape should be perfect. Each well positioned shape will be awarded with 5 marks and wrong placement of block will cause (-2) negative markings.
- In case of tie in round 2, summation of round 1 and round 2 marks will be considered.
- Team with the higher summation will get better position.
- Structure Shape should be of absolutely in any shape satisfying all the constraints.
- Timings will be counted in total structure designed. (30 mins).