- Electronics & Communication
- February 16/17, 2018
- Class Room - 9, 10, 11 & EC L - 3, 4
“ Turn Ideas Into Action. ”
- Round 1: 02:00 - 03:00 , February 16
- Round 2: 08:30 - 10:00 , February 17
- Round 3: 11:30 - 01:00 , February 17
Round 1: Tarka-Vitarka(Quiz)
- Participants will be shown images for 30-60 seconds on a projector based on logic gates and general electronics.
- Jot down the answers on a sheet of paper.
- For each correct answer a team will score 5 points, top 15 groups will be selected for the next level.
- In case of tie, short rapid-fire round of 5 questions with high difficulty level will be conducted.
Round 2: Circuit- Scramble
- 3-4 faulty circuits (with incorrect initial conditions) will be given to the selected teams and they have to solve each circuit in 2 minutes on paper.
- Circuits will be purely based on logic gates (AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR, EXOR, EXNOR).
- Repetitive wrong attempts made for the correct binary answer will deduct points. One point is deducted for each wrong attempt.
- The one who can solve the circuit accurately in least attempts, will clear this round.
- 8 out of 15 groups will be selected for the next level.
Round 3: Circuit-Nirmaan
- Selected 8 groups will have to choose a chit out of the lot.
- Mentioned circuit (based on logic gates and flip-flop ICs) on the chit will be assembled on a bread board by the team.
- Top three teams with correct output circuit and minimum time taken will be awarded.
- Participation will be in teams of 2.
- Basic knowledge of logical gates is required.
- No books are allowed in competition hall.
- Marking of answers should be with pen.
Rules are subject to last minute change. Contact corresponding coordinator(s) for further inquiries. Final decision lies in hands of coordinators and judges. Participants have to abide the decision in all cases.